HIV Prevention Case Management Services
Living With HIV
Prevention Case Management Services are able to help newly HIV diagnosed individuals access care/treatment, as well as support through some of the physical, emotional, and social challenges that may result from diagnosis.
Programs Available for Those Living with HIV
CLEAR - Choosing life: Empowerment, Action, Results!
- Is an evidence-based HIV prevention and health promotion intervention with people ages 16 and older living with HIV/AIDS. This intervention is a client-centered program delivered one-on-one using cognitive-behavioral techniques to change behavior. It provides clients with the skills necessary to live their best life and be able to make healthy choices. The goal of the intervention is to help clients maintain health, reduce transmission of HIV and other STIs, and improve their quality of life.
LINKAGE TO CARE
- Linking newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS clients to medical care within 14 days of diagnosis
- Educational and emotional support by attending any/all medical appointments, medical case manager appointments, and any other community services needed
- Linking newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS clients to Medical Case Managers through the Kentucky Care Coordinator Program.
- Linking individuals whom are HIV/AIDS positive to community partners as needed such as housing assistance, legal assistance, and food pantries.
For Prevention Case Management services call 502-635-4522