Get an idea of what HIV testing looks like at Volunteers of America Mid-States
Free HIV Testing
Volunteers of America Mid-States offers free, confidential HIV testing at its HIV office located at 933 Goss Ave, as well as multiple venues across the Kentuckiana area. We can even provide testing in your home, if that is more convenient for you.
Our office testing hours, due to COVID-19, are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-4pm. Appointments are preferred but not required. Visit us on Facebook at VOA Health for any calendar changes or closings.
Our Free HIV Testing Process Consists of:
- A quick finger prick test -- only takes 60 seconds to process.
- The rapid finger prick test takes approximately 5-7 minutes to process
- HIV education and counseling
- If the test is positive:
- Individuals will be asked to take a second, different test to confirm the result
- If confirmed positive from the second test, individuals will be linked into comprehensive care to ensure their health and wellness are secured
LINKAGE TO CARE
- Linking newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS clients to medical care within 14 days of diagnosis
- Educational and emotional support by attending any/all medical appointments, medical case manager appointments, and any other community services needed
- Linking newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS clients to Medical Case Managers through the Kentucky Care Coordinator Program.
- Linking individuals whom are HIV/AIDS positive to community partners as needed such as housing assistance, legal assistance, and food pantries.
We also provide the ability to test couples as well! Go together, know together.
- Our confidential couples tests allow individuals to ensure they are loving safely and continue to love safely by verifying their HIV status.
We welcome any suggestions or requests for how we can better expand our free HIV testing services at 502-635-4506, or email us at HIVprevention@voamid.org