Throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Volunteers of America helps real people facing real challenges to find real and lasting solutions. Through research-driven programming, our services address family homelessness, addiction, developmental disabilities, HIV infection, and other issues facing individuals and communities.
Addiction Recovery Services
Volunteers of America Mid-States has a long history of working with individuals and families facing substance abuse problems. We offer a complete system of care ranging from long-term residential treatment and aftercare services to community outreach and prevention. Our licensed and trained addiction treatment professionals provide clinical services with a focus on recovery.
- Halfway Back: Louisville
- Shelby Men's Recovery Center: Louisville
- Women's Addiction Recovery Services: Louisville, Manchester
- Veterans Addiction Recovery Program: Louisville
- Outpatient Services: Louisville
- Recovery Community Center: Manchester
- Recovery Reintegration Program: Corbin
Developmental Disability Services
Volunteers of America's Developmental Disability Services in Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Northern Kentucky help individuals with developmental disabilities live safe, healthy, and engaged lives. Services include health care coordination, transportation, and around-the-clock care.
Outreach & prevention Services
Volunteers of America HIV services help improve the quality of life for individuals living with HIV/AIDS and prevent the spread of the disease.
- S.T.O.P. (Stop The Spread of HIV Through Outreach and Prevention): Louisville
- HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS): Louisville
Across Kentucky, our broad array of programs serve homeless families, women with disabilities and their children, and pregnant and parenting women by providing housing and intensive case management. Proven therapeutic techniques are used to help clients enhance life skills and achieve the goals of safe, affordable, permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
- Collaborative Housing Program: Louisville
- Eviction Prevention Program: Louisville
- VOA Home: Louisville
- Transitional Housing Program: Louisville
- Spanish Cove Senior Housing Community: Louisville
- South Oaks Senior Housing Community: Louisville
Volunteers of America proudly serves veterans who are experiencing homelessness and substance abuse issues. Our services link veterans with employment training, affordable housing, and other resources that help them reintegrate into their communities.
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): Louisville
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): Lexington
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): Eastern Kentucky/Western West Virginia
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): Lincoln Trail - KIPDA
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF): Middlesboro
- Veterans Addiction Recovery Programs: Louisville
Volunteers of America empowers women with the Beaded Treasures social enterprise program. Beaded Treasures women and families with the tools and resources to overcome economic and social barriers to success. This program uses innovative financial literacy and jewelry artistry instructional opportunities to empower women and families to become self-sufficient entrepreneurs.
- Beaded Treasures - Louisville
CRIMINAL JUSTICE SERVICES
Volunteers of America's Restorative Justice Services in Louisville and London Kentucky asks what harm has been done, who is responsible for repairing that harm, and how can that harm be repaired? Together, we focus on making amends, repairing harm and building brighter futures.
- Restorative Justice - Louisville and London
Volunteers of America has launched a new program called Determined Health. In partnership with Humana Health Plan, this program is designed to educate and engage residents of Louisville's West End neighborhoods. Determined Health features Community Health Workers (CHWs). They provide grassroots outreach designed to address the root causes of health disparities and inequities by focusing on the social determinants of health and connecting area residents with access to high-quality health care.
- Determined Health - Louisville